Pages

Sunday 19 January 2014

The Ultimate Green Smoothie

This smoothie is just bursting with goodness.  It's incredibly filling and tastes really good. Drinking it as often as you can will ensure you have bright eyes, clear skin and for me the greatest benefit is energy.  Drinking this juice each day will keep a real pep in your step and help you avoid having to take any naps during the day or reach for chocolate / coffee to keep you awake. You'll need a juicer and a blender.  Buying a juicer is one of the best investments you can make for your health.  They range from expensive to mid range to pretty cheap.  I use a Phillips Juicer (as a present from my lovely mum for my 30th birthday) and it cost about €100.  I am hoping to buy a Matstone juicer this year as my old one is definitely on it's last legs.  So...if you want to join the juicing world then get yourself whatever type of juicer you can afford and get going....you will never look back!

Ingredients + Instructions 


  • 1 organic apple (use 2 if you'd like to sweeten the juice)
  • 1/2 organic cucumber
  • 2 sticks of organic celery
  • 1/2 a peeled lime
  • an inch of peeled ginger
  • 2/3 leaves of organic kale (washed)
  • a handful of organic spinach (washed)
  • 1/2 a ripe avocado


(If you eat broccoli then keep the stem...roughly peel it and then pop it into the juice for extra nutrition. If you want to sweeten the juice at any point then add a little banana when blending or more apple when juicing)


  1. Pop all of the ingredients (apart from the avocado) into the juicer (avocado doesn't juice!)
  2. Pour all the juice into the blender with the avocado and some ice and blend it up
  3. Pour it all into a big glass and enjoy!
Supplements + Toppings...
I spoon in Hemp Protein (I need the protein as I don't need meat) + Spirulina into my juice just before I blend it.  You can top your juice with anything you want....blueberries, goji berries, chia seeds, nuts, bee pollen, sprouts, cacao nibs etc....or just drink it as it is.




No comments:

Post a Comment